Friday, June 6, 2008

Perspectives - To what end?

Person 1

What need have we for humanity? For do we not live as cogs and hands to feed. Realize you must, I have no real need of thee. For it is only me I live to serve and please. To that end I tolerate that which you bring, and where displeasure you touch, I discard you, you wretched thing! Or better yet, manipulation becomes my creed; for tomorrow comes with lightning speed. Years roll by, and what weight have these deeds? After all, I have needs that a mere two hands can't feed. All that matters is filling momentary greed; for fleeting is time, and soon it runs out! So why should I not be about; lying and stealing, all to get gain, as much as I can, enough for great fame; nothing more, and nothing less, than that which feels good to me, for after death no more will I be. So, why should I waste time and effort on kindness, love, or patience for others? Do you not see, we are not brothers, you are merely an object to me.

Person 2

I'll answer you sir, for you are in error. No object am I. I share not your terror. Death holds no great fear for me, for afterward I'll continue to live, and you too will see; that this time is a forgetful waking. A step to a life of a superior making. What good is a man should he live forever, without the strength to be better; better than greed, and selfish merry making, better than tricks and deceitful soul breaking, what use would they be, in eternity? A useful devil would he become to those of a lesser knowledge, unless he learned that love, is not bondage. But with all time, work, effort, and truth, the friend to humanity, commited to love, rises above the corrupt and uncouth, and with peace in his wings flys higher and higher, much like a dove, rising high to inspire. More family, more friends, more power, and glory, all things eventually gained, no end to his story.

Person 1

Don't talk to me of angels, saints, and God. For what proof do you bring with your religious mobs. I see no purpose in life, no more than the relentless toil and strife. So, why not enjoy the pleasures I lay claim; enjoy glitz, and glamour, and all of the fame. I remember no life before I was born. I am no chump, to be tricked to conform. If it is true that there's more to this life than I know, then God never gave me that important memo. And what can he charge against what I here do, if he didn't care to tell me that which you do? No, instead I know what you're about, leading captive the weak minded that don't doubt; getting them to do whatever you please, whatever your fancy, and all with great ease. For disobedience quickly labeled sin, you threaten them with imaginary scenes of the most grim. Why would your God, full of grace and great love, not tell me the purpose of life from his throne up above?

Person 2

To what end would this serve, what choice would you show? How else could He help you to learn and to grow? To know and disbelieve carries a different fate, than one who has imperfect faith, and fails to equate. So, hard as it is, for a perfect Father above, he lets you own your decisions, to hate or to love. Experience as key, to discovering what's true, the test now is not for Him, but completly for you. Unfettered by a premortal past, released from bonds of what you knew, you show what's in your heart, and what's trully important to you. What would you choose without God there in person, to remind you that evil carries a cursing. Would you choose to come to know Him, and do as He does, following truths paths of righteousness or merely go looking for a buzz? God is good, he does not hide, seek Him out, you need to want to try. Get to know Him and you will see, He is love, loves you, me, and all humanity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Hold on firm to God and don't equal anyone to him. See you GOd willing on the day of judgement on the right side